New Moon Steam Medley
Join us on the rooftop of the Hewing Hotel for a new moon rendition of our steam medley series.
The evening kicks off with the Aufguss sauna steam aromatherapy special ticket event at 7 p.m. At 9 p.m. we open the doors to the afterglow ticket-holders and enjoy open sauna, cold plunge ice baths, soaking pool, and DJ Mark NRG with new moon vibes until midnight.
7 – 9 p.m.
Aufguss Sauna Steam Aromatherapy
Pick up a ticket for the Aufguss session below and plan on arriving early, by 7 p.m., for 3 guided hot/cold rounds.
Aufguss steam sessions are a German tradition that helps practitioners enjoy the full physiology of hot/cold conditioning through sauna.
During these guided steam sessions the host (or Saunameister) gradually increases the intensity of the experience by adding steam to the rocks. The secret and art of Aufguss is creating and distributing steam in a way that makes the steam soft and relaxing, as well as intense.
8:30 -10 p.m.
Steamy Sounds Afterglow with DJ Mark NRG
Come for the Aufguss steam session and stay for DJ Mark NRG or pick up a $20 to join us on the rooftop at 9 p.m. for the afterglow with DJ Mark NRG.
DJ Mark NRG (aka Sauna Meister Alex) was a formative sound in early Wartburg/Munich house before sauna saved his life and he dedicated it to sharing aufguss with the world. Now thanks to the Steam Medley series, his two world’s collide with steamy sounds for your enjoyment.
– Both tickets include access to soaking pool, sauna, cold plunge, patio lounge and locker rooms.
– BYOT: Please bring your own towel for this event.
– The full rooftop bar and menu will also be available for guests who want to stay to enjoy a full dinner after their steam rounds.
– Whether you’re a seasoned enthusiast or a first-time steamer, you’ll walk away with some tips, connections and resources to get more of the physical, mental and social benefits of your next steam bathing experience.
What to know:
* Must be 21 years of age or older to be on the rooftop.
* Locker room and showers available.
* Bathing suit mandatory (we aren’t in Finland).
* Flip flops recommended to enhance and prolong your outdoor, winter rooftop patio and lounge experience.
* Please rinse in the shower before using the sauna and/or pool.
* Sauna is a safe place for everyone. All guests will be held to the highest standards of respect, inclusiveness, and courtesy. The health benefits of Sauna run in every direction. One’s personal mental health, comfort, and security are every bit as important as the tremendous physical benefits of Sauna. Please always keep front of mind that you are in a shared environment, always aware, and always respectful of the feelings and boundaries of others.
** Space for the Aufguss session is limited to 22. Registration below.