Full Moon Steam Medley
Join us on the rooftop of the Hewing Hotel for a full moon rendition of our steam medley series.
The sauna, cold plunge, rooftop patio and pool opens at 7 p.m. to all guests. Register for the Aufguss session for access to the guided sauna steam aromatherpy rounds at 7:30, 8:15 and 9:00 while the Steam Medley DJ serves up the soundtrack from 8:30 – 10 p.m.
Aufguss Sauna Steam Aromatherapy
Register for the Aufguss rounds to enjoy access to three guided sauna steam aromatherapy rounds at 7:30 p.m., 8:15 p.m., and 9 p.m.
Aufguss steam sessions are a German tradition that helps practitioners enjoy the full physiology of hot/cold conditioning through sauna.
During these guided steam sessions the host (or Saunameister) gradually increases the intensity of the experience by adding steam to the rocks. The secret and art of Aufguss is creating and distributing steam in a way that makes the steam soft and relaxing, as well as intense.
Aufguss helps practitioners enjoy the full physiology of hot/cold conditioning through sauna. During these guided steam sessions the host (or Saunameister) gradually increases the intensity of the experience by adding steam to the rocks. The secret and art of Aufguss is creating and distributing steam in a way that makes the steam soft and relaxing, as well as intense. The softness of the steam, aromatherapy and breathing cues help activate the thermoregulatory system to actively regulate the body’s temperature, which is as helpful for staying cool and comfy in the summer as it is to warming up in the winter.
Guests will enjoy three guided sauna rounds with special “steam recipes,” consisting of water-pouring and steam-throwing techniques with essential oil aromatherapy crafted to increase circulation by activating the body’s thermoregulatory system.
Each steam round is 10 – 15 minutes and is followed by a 20-minute cool down relaxation round and optional ice bath reset.
8:30 -10 p.m.
Steamy Sounds Afterglow with guest DJ
Come for the Aufguss steam session and stay for steamy sounds with our guest DJ lineup:
August 15 8:30 – 10 p.m.
Butaca ( aka Paul Frett) has been a fixture in the Minneapolis DJ scene for well over a decade. The founder and curator of Dance Church, he’s known for sets that are journeys through meditative, percussive beats from around the world with just enough house to keep people smiling. He’ll likely throw in a good deal of funk along the way.
– Both tickets include access to soaking pool, sauna, cold plunge, patio lounge and locker rooms.
– Guest who register for the Aufguss session have access to the guided sauna steam aromatherapy rounds at 7:30, 8:15 and 9 p.m.
– BYOT: Please bring your own towel for this event.
– The full rooftop bar and menu will also be available for guests who want to stay to enjoy a full dinner after their steam rounds.
– Whether you’re a seasoned enthusiast or a first-time steamer, you’ll walk away with some tips, connections and resources to get more of the physical, mental and social benefits of your next steam bathing experience.
What to know:
* Must be 21 years of age or older to be on the rooftop.
* Locker room and showers available.
* Bathing suit mandatory (we aren’t in Finland).
* Flip flops recommended to enhance and prolong your outdoor, winter rooftop patio and lounge experience.
* Please rinse in the shower before using the sauna and/or pool.
* Sauna is a safe place for everyone. All guests will be held to the highest standards of respect, inclusiveness, and courtesy. The health benefits of Sauna run in every direction. One’s personal mental health, comfort, and security are every bit as important as the tremendous physical benefits of Sauna. Please always keep front of mind that you are in a shared environment, always aware, and always respectful of the feelings and boundaries of others.
** Space for the Aufguss session is limited to 22. Registration below.